Map your current Stripe customers' existing subscriptions to their user account in your community when using Honeycommb's membership feature.
We built out a Stripe Customer Mapping tool for partners who have pre-existing membership plans with a separate platform processing payments through Stripe. If your goal is to transition and carry over customers' payment methods through their customer account in your community, then you've come to the right place! Here, users will be able to check out with their existing payment method without having to re-enter their card details at check out.
* Must use Stripe Standard Account and connect the same account to Control Center
* Must have Billing Admin Role to access mapping function in Control Center
Here's How To Get Started:
- Log in to Control Center, go to Billing in the Main Menu, then click on Mapping
- Next, choose if you want to upload a CSV file of multiple email addresses and corresponding Stripe IDs at once or click on New Billing Mapping to add each user at a time.
How to Prepare your CSV file
1. Using Google Sheets or Excel, one column should be email addresses and the second column should be their Stripe Customer IDs.
2. Download the file from Sheet as a CSV (comma-separated values) file and upload it to the control center. If you formatted correctly, you'll see the customer info mapped.
A Few Key Notes:
- Stripe Customer IDs follow 'cus_abc123' and can be exported through Stripe.
- Stripe Customer must create their Community Account using the same email address for the mapping to be successfully connected.