Strategize in the marketing of your new community
You've spent a lot of time with Honeycommb building your app and strategizing for your community. Now, it's time to switch gears a bit towards a consistent focus on effective marketing to gather users to your community through your mobile app and on the web. Here are some channels and ways to market:
Pre-launch: Build Up Hype
The most successful apps tend to have begun their marketing well before their app is ready for launch. Pre-launch marketing often begins when you start building the app —you have a concept and clear problems identified that you will solve, which means you can start targeting your ideal audience for your app.
- Landing Page
- Add a call-to-action to capture email addresses of those who are interested.
- Show the benefits and purpose of your community on your branded website for marketing.
- Promote your landing page through your website and social channels.
- Keep in contact with your interested users.
- Share progress and sneak-peeks of features available in the app.
- Use the list of interested parties to offer them an early invitation to join the app in exchange for their feedback. This also helps to fill the app with content.
Post-launch: Engaging Content & Increase Userbase
After launching your community network, we hope for an influx of downloads. We won't see this, however, if you don't focus on promoting your network to the world.
- How will you keep people interested and coming back to your app for more?
- Constantly creating fresh, quality content will keep your members engaged and help with user acquisition.
- Encourage app store ratings and reviews.
- Emails Marketing Campaign
- Expose user-generated content by featuring it in your email newsletter
- Share any software updates or added features
- Social Media
- Take advantage of your presence on the channels that your target audience is on to spread the word.
- Showcase user-generated content from within the app as part of your content strategy.
- Link to your app and network in all of the content you post and in your profiles. Use SmartURLs.
- Consider paid advertising to target your desired audience with your best content.
- Public Relations
- Grassroots Outreach
- Use your personal connections and channels to talk about your community and invite members.
- Jump into relevant forums and online discussion groups to plug your network.
- Offline Campaigns
- Sponsor of relevant events