Makes sure your App Store Optimization (ASO) is perfected!
Keywords help determine where your app displays in search results, so choose them carefully to ensure your app is easily discoverable. Choose keywords based on words you think your audience will use to find an app like yours. Be specific when describing your app’s features and functionality to help the search algorithm surface your app in relevant searches. Consider the trade-off between ranking well for less common terms versus ranking lower for popular terms. Popular, functional terms such as “jobs”, “text”, or “social” may drive a lot of traffic, but are highly competitive in the rankings. Less common terms drive lower traffic, but are less competitive.
Keywords are limited to 100 characters total, with terms separated by commas and no spaces. (Note that you can use spaces to separate words within keyword phrases. For example: Property,House,Real Estate.) Maximize the number of words that fit in this character limit by avoiding the following:
- Plurals of words that you’ve already included in the singular form
- Names of categories or the word “app”
- Duplicate words
- Special characters — such as # or @ — unless they are part of your brand identity. Special characters don’t carry extra weight when users search for your app.
Improper use of keywords is a common reason for App Store rejections. Do not use the following in your keywords:
- Unauthorized use of trademarked terms, celebrity names, and other protected words and phrases
- Terms that are not relevant to the app
- Competing app names
- Irrelevant, inappropriate, offensive, or objectionable terms
In addition, keep in mind that promotional text doesn’t affect your app’s search ranking so it should not be used to display keywords.