Prior to sending any sort of communication to your entire network, you should always send yourself a TEST push notification to preview how the message will look on a user's device. Follow the directions below to send a push notification to only your mobile device to review before sending one out to your entire audience.
To begin, sign in to your control center and click on 'Notifications' in the menu bar.
Once you're on the 'Notification' page, click on "New Notification" button in the upper right corner under the menu bar.
The New Notification page will open and you can begin filling in your communication to your members.
1. Fill in Title to share what you're communicating with your audience.
2. Fill in the Body which is the body of the text under the bolded title to give more detail. Examples of how the push notification will appear on a user's mobile device when sent.
3. Only enter your own username in the Username field to ensure you're the only recipient of your test. If left blank the message will be sent to the entire community.
4. Leave the Group field empty as, again, you're only sending your test message to yourself.
5. Target type options are User, Post, or Group meaning that you can link your notification CTA (call to action) and lead your audience to a user profile, post to engage on, or group to join.
6. Target: To link your notification you must add the ID number within the control center. The ID comes from a user, post, or group as you've specified in target type.
7. You then set a time for the push notification to be sent out.
8. When your message is ready and you want to review the test notification click the "Create Notification" button and you're done.
For directions on sending out a push notification to your audience or to specific groups, click here.
Have any questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org or your customer success manager.No results found