Create groups within your community to give people a place to discuss specific topics. Similar to a sub-forum.
Groups are a great way to segment your audience whether it’s by geographic location, event or a designated place for specific sharing to take place within. Group Type permission settings cannot be changed once a group is created.
Control Center 2.0
- Login to your community using your Community Leader/Admin account. Your community leader account is the account you use to Feature posts from within your community.
- Open the slide-out menu in your community and click the Control Center menu link.
This will open Control Center 2.0.
Your Control Center URL = yourcommunity.com/control-center/
- Click the tab button in the top right of your screen, this will open up the slide-out menu of your Control Center. In the slide-out menu, click Groups
- Select your Group Type - Open, Gated, Closed, Restricted, or Premium (requires Subscriptions are enabled and products created)
Read more about Group Types: https://support.honeycommb.com/groups-permission-settings
- Fill out the Group creation screen, adding your Group Name, Group Domain (part of the URL for the Group), Group Description, Group Short Name
- Customize your Group - Customize your Group Color, and upload images for your Group Icon (displayed in Group lists), and Group Art