How to put individual Groups behind a paywall.
To get started, create new Groups and make sure that they are the Premium group type.
Next, go to Subscription Products in the Subscriptions section of Control Center.
Click the Create New Subscription button and click Group Subscription
Fill out the Group Subscription product information, adding the following:
- Group Product Name (30 char limit)
- Group Product Description (360 char limit)
- Group Product Icon Art image - minimum 1024x1024px resolution, file type: jpg, gif, png
- Group Product Media - image or video, file type: jpg, gif, png, mov, mp4
Optional: Add a Free Trial
Click the button under Group Product Free Trial to enable this option, then input the number of days you will offer for free. After the free trial ends, you will automatically charge the member's payment method on file.
Now you need to add the pricing plans, the different pricing options that are available to your members. Click Add Recurring Plan and select Weekly, Monthly, or Annually. Add the amount you will charge the user each payment period.
Add multiple pricing plans if you desire - you can have all three: weekly, monthly, and/or annually.
Click the three dots button on the far right to activate, deactivate, delete, or set the recurring plan as the Default plan offered.
Subscription Product Features & Benefits
Click the Add Group button and then type in the name of the Premium group that is attached to this subscription. Select your Group in the search results.
You can add multiple Premium Groups to a Group Subscription product. Click Add Group and repeat the steps above if you would like to add more groups.
Click Save Changes when you are done.
After you have clicked Save Changes, you can add text in the Displayed Benefits section.
Click Add Benefit to add lines of text that upsell and/or describe the benefits of subscribing.
When you're ready, click Save Changes.
Activate Your Subscription Product
Go to the Subscription Products page in control center. Click the actions button for the Group Subscription that you created and click Activate to make this group subscription available for purchase.
Control Center 1.0:
To get started, create new Groups and make sure that they are the Premium group type and click the "Paid" checkbox when creating the group.
Make sure to note the Group ID, which is displayed at the top of the Group details in the admin Control Center.
Now you're viewing the Product you just created. You can add several "Line Items" to add lines of text where you describe the perks of the product offering, you can change their order by dragging them up and down in the list.
- Input your chosen internal Nickname.
- Choose the Currency (ex: USD) you're charging your customers in
- Select the billing Interval to decide how often you're charging the customer (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly).
- Interval Count is how often you bill the customer, IE you can choose to bill every 3 months or every month (1).
- Select "Active" to make the product available
- Usage Type: licensed
- Billing scheme: per_unit
- Amount: this is the $$ that you're charging, in cents. For example: $5 = 500
- Trial Period Days: if you would like to offer a free trial, input the # of days
- Choose "Hidden" if you'd like to keep this paid group plan only accessible by Admins
- Choose "Default" if you would like this plan to be the default payment plan for your Paid Group.
- Click Create Plan when you're ready.