There are two steps you'll need to follow to create a promo code, first the Coupon, then create the code!
There are two major components to creating a promo code for your membership community:
- Create the Promotion
- Create the Code
If you think about the basic model and hierarchy, your codes are a subset within the Coupon that you create. You can have multiple codes created all under the same coupon. So, if you were to run a campaign across different channels, you could use the same coupon with different codes!
The Full Workflow: Creating A Promo Code From Start To Finish
1. First, navigate to the Promotions Section in your control center using the top navigation bar section:
2. Next, click the NEW BILLING button in the upper right of the page
3. Here, you'll be prompted to indicate if you want your promo code to be a PERCENT OFF or AMOUNT OFF code type. For this example, we're going to select Percent Off.
4. Before creating, we'll have to enter some basic information about the promo code to create some definitions that indicate the proper use and implementation of this promotion.
Here's what we need to input:
- The Account: Your billing account connected to your community
- The Name: What would you like to call this code?
- The Percent Off: What is the percent off you'd like to offer
- The Duration: Currently only first-time use promo codes are supported
- The Max Redemption Amount: [Optional] The maximum number of redemptions
- The Redeem By Date: [Optional] You can add a required date to redeem by
This is what your completed fields might look like:
Next, Create The Code
1. We're going to add the code by clicking ADD PROMOTION CODE in the upper right-hand corner of the page:
2. When creating the code, we'll just have to complete the following info:
- The Code: What would you like to call this code?
- The Customer: Are there specific users ONLY that can redeem using this code?
- Expiration Date: Does this code have an expiration date?
- Mark Active: Would you like this code to be active?
And you're done! Once you create the code, it will be ready for use immediately and you can share it with appropriate members of your community 😄
NOTE: For your code to be ready for immediate use, you must mark it as active!