Sending a custom mobile notification is a simple and effective way to quickly message your community or to generate community engagement. Note that this feature is on available to Honeycommb networks that have dedicated mobile applications.
A push notification is a message that pops up on the mobile device of your community members; they don't have to be in the app or using their device to receive your push notification. Push notifications are ideal to use when alerting members of important breaking news and gather members to engage in events.
To begin, login to your community with a community leader or Admin account and click on Control Center in the slide-out menu. Once in Control Center 2.0, open the menu and click Engage -> Mobile Notifications
Once you're on the 'Notification' page, click on the "Create New Notification" button in the upper right corner.
The New Notification page will open and you can begin filling in your communication to your members.
1. Fill in Title to share what you're communicating with your audience.
2. Fill in the Body which is the body of the text under the bolded title to give more detail.
3. Tap Target - options are User, Post, Event, or Group meaning that you can link your notification call to action and lead your audience to a user profile, an event, a post to engage on, or group to join.
4. You then set a time for the push notification to be sent out.
5. Optional Setting: Recipients:
Usernames can be entered to send the notifications to specific usernames separated by commas.
You can choose to send your push notification to a specific group(s) within your community and can choose that in the Groups field. If you want to send to your entire audience you don't have to choose any groups here. So, by default, notifications will go to everyone in your network if you choose not to select any target audience.
6. When your message is ready for your community to receive click the "Create Notification" button and you're done.